Note from BPW Ireland
BPW Ireland is holding a National BPW Conference on the 22nd of September, 2011. The conference will be held at the Meyrick Hotel, Galway, Ireland and will explore ‘The Family in Ireland 2011; Challenge or Opportunity’. The Conference will be officially opened and MC’d by Mrs. Fionnuala Kenny.
• Professor Pat Dolan of the Child & Family Research Centre at NUIG, who will provide insight into the sociological issues impacting the Irish Family at this time.
• Mr Geoffrey Shannon, Chairman of The Adoption Authority, sharing his extensive knowledge of Family Law and, in particular, the Law as it relates to Children.
• Mr Bernard Sheridan, Director for Consumer Protection at the Central Bank of Ireland addressing the topical subject of financial distress with the Irish Family.
• Mr Colm O’Gorman, Executive Director of Amnesty International in Ireland – speaking on human rights issues impacting the Irish Family unit.
• Mr Robin Webster, Chief Executive of Age Action, exploring the particular issues facing the older generation in Ireland today.
• Ms Jennifer O’Connell, Journalist, highlighting the changing roles within the family unit and the impact within the Irish Family and Irish Society.
Bookings can be made by logging into www.bpwgalway.ie and downloading the booking form. Or email your booking enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org